I wrote about how to stop one, but a wise man commented that we should know how to start one first. Maybe I've gone and put the cart-before the horse?
How to start a script? Well - there's more than one way to skin that particular cat (no - no picture this time!). When time permits I'll write up the options. But in summary, they are..
- Use the sm_adapter utility.
- Configure it in a *.import or bootstrap file.
- Use one ASL script to start another.
- Invoke the "start" method" using dmctl, java, C, C++ or perl.
- Use the hidden 'invoke operation' feature of the developer's console.
- turn it into a hook script.
- turn it into a filter script.
- I've probably missed one or two - let me know if you can think of any I've missed.